JAMB Faces Lawsuit over Alleged Technical Glitches Leading to Mass Failure

over 8,000 affected students had submitted formal complaints, calling on JAMB to release detailed marking sheets and allow candidates to verify their scores.
May. 12th 2025
JAMB Faces Lawsuit over Alleged Technical Glitches Leading to Mass Failure

 

Thousands of candidates who sat the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination are set to file a lawsuit against the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, following widespread complaints of technical glitches and incomplete questions that allegedly marred the exam.

Last week, JAMB announced that over 1.5 million out of the 1.9 million that sat this year’s UTME scored below 200 out of the total 400 marks.

The outcome raised concern in the country, with the Minister of Education, Dr Tunji Alausa, asserting that the mass failure showed effective anti-malpractice efforts by JAMB.

However, popular education advocate and Chief Executive Officer of Educare, Alex Onyia, announced on Sunday that legal proceedings would commence at the Federal High Court on Monday against JAMB.

Onyia revealed that over 8,000 affected students had submitted formal complaints, calling on JAMB to release detailed marking sheets and allow candidates to verify their scores.

“Currently, we have 8,391 students who have sent in their complaints regarding the glitches in the JAMB 2025 exam,” Onyia posted on his X (formerly Twitter) page, @winexv. “There is ample evidence to prove that JAMB’s system was inefficient, thereby causing serious harm to these students’ mental health.”

He continued: “The demand is for JAMB to show all the students their mark sheets to view their results—what they failed, the correct answers, and a seamless way to dispute it. The destinies of these students are at stake.”

The controversy comes on the heels of JAMB’s official release of the 2025 UTME results on Friday.

According to the Board, more than 1.5 million out of the 1.9 million candidates scored below 200—less than half the total obtainable score of 400—raising national concerns about mass failure.

While the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, claimed the result reflected the government’s success in curbing exam malpractice, candidates and parents have pointed fingers at JAMB’s technology failures.

A candidate who sat the examination at a CBT centre in Maitama, Abuja, told news reporters “During the examination, for my Use of English, I noticed that some of my questions were missing. I raised the alarm, and I wasn’t the only one with the issue. When my result came out, I scored 170. JAMB has not addressed the missing questions.”

Another candidate who wrote the exam on April 26 said she was shocked by her result.

“Last year I scored 287, this year I got 173. Many others who wrote on the same day complained that their English questions were incomplete. This result is not mine.”

A parent also called for a review, saying: “We demand a remark from JAMB. These are exceptional students scoring below 200. Many complained of incomplete questions and other technical issues. JAMB has said nothing. This cannot be swept under the rug.”

Meanwhile, JAMB has yet to issue an official response addressing the specific complaints raised by candidates.

Share this post

0 Comment

    Be the first to comment on this post

Leave a comment

More Blog Posts
Image Aug 19th. 2026

Amadeus University Receives Approval to Offer Law Degree

 The Council of Legal Education has approved the study of law to the Amadeus University, Amazi,......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

Enugu Governor Appeals to Lecturers in ESUT to Suspend Strike, Commits to Upgrading Monthly Subvention

 The Enugu State Government has appealed to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), En......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

Kano Launches N27.8bn ICT, CBT Project to Benefit 44 LGAs

 The Kano State Government has awarded contracts worth ₦27.8 billion for the construction of In......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

UI Top Global Ranking of Nigerian Institutions

 The University of Ibadan has emerged as the highest-ranked Nigerian university in the July 202......

Continue Reading

--> JAMB Faces Lawsuit over Alleged Technical Glitches Leading to Mass Failure - Boldscholar News

JAMB Faces Lawsuit over Alleged Technical Glitches Leading to Mass Failure

over 8,000 affected students had submitted formal complaints, calling on JAMB to release detailed marking sheets and allow candidates to verify their scores.
May. 12th 2025
JAMB Faces Lawsuit over Alleged Technical Glitches Leading to Mass Failure

 

Thousands of candidates who sat the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination are set to file a lawsuit against the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, following widespread complaints of technical glitches and incomplete questions that allegedly marred the exam.

Last week, JAMB announced that over 1.5 million out of the 1.9 million that sat this year’s UTME scored below 200 out of the total 400 marks.

The outcome raised concern in the country, with the Minister of Education, Dr Tunji Alausa, asserting that the mass failure showed effective anti-malpractice efforts by JAMB.

However, popular education advocate and Chief Executive Officer of Educare, Alex Onyia, announced on Sunday that legal proceedings would commence at the Federal High Court on Monday against JAMB.

Onyia revealed that over 8,000 affected students had submitted formal complaints, calling on JAMB to release detailed marking sheets and allow candidates to verify their scores.

“Currently, we have 8,391 students who have sent in their complaints regarding the glitches in the JAMB 2025 exam,” Onyia posted on his X (formerly Twitter) page, @winexv. “There is ample evidence to prove that JAMB’s system was inefficient, thereby causing serious harm to these students’ mental health.”

He continued: “The demand is for JAMB to show all the students their mark sheets to view their results—what they failed, the correct answers, and a seamless way to dispute it. The destinies of these students are at stake.”

The controversy comes on the heels of JAMB’s official release of the 2025 UTME results on Friday.

According to the Board, more than 1.5 million out of the 1.9 million candidates scored below 200—less than half the total obtainable score of 400—raising national concerns about mass failure.

While the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, claimed the result reflected the government’s success in curbing exam malpractice, candidates and parents have pointed fingers at JAMB’s technology failures.

A candidate who sat the examination at a CBT centre in Maitama, Abuja, told news reporters “During the examination, for my Use of English, I noticed that some of my questions were missing. I raised the alarm, and I wasn’t the only one with the issue. When my result came out, I scored 170. JAMB has not addressed the missing questions.”

Another candidate who wrote the exam on April 26 said she was shocked by her result.

“Last year I scored 287, this year I got 173. Many others who wrote on the same day complained that their English questions were incomplete. This result is not mine.”

A parent also called for a review, saying: “We demand a remark from JAMB. These are exceptional students scoring below 200. Many complained of incomplete questions and other technical issues. JAMB has said nothing. This cannot be swept under the rug.”

Meanwhile, JAMB has yet to issue an official response addressing the specific complaints raised by candidates.

Share this post

0 Comment

    Be the first to comment on this post

Leave a comment

More Blog Posts
Image Aug 19th. 2026

Amadeus University Receives Approval to Offer Law Degree

 The Council of Legal Education has approved the study of law to the Amadeus University, Amazi,......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

Enugu Governor Appeals to Lecturers in ESUT to Suspend Strike, Commits to Upgrading Monthly Subvention

 The Enugu State Government has appealed to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), En......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

Kano Launches N27.8bn ICT, CBT Project to Benefit 44 LGAs

 The Kano State Government has awarded contracts worth ₦27.8 billion for the construction of In......

Continue Reading

Image Aug 19th. 2026

UI Top Global Ranking of Nigerian Institutions

 The University of Ibadan has emerged as the highest-ranked Nigerian university in the July 202......

Continue Reading

-->