Photo credit: NLNG
Entry for the Nigeria Prize for Science 2020 ends midnight GMT, April 30, 2020. The organizers of the prize, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas, had earlier made a call for entry from interested scientists worldwide who may want to advance scientific solutions to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits in line with this year’s theme of the prize- Innovations in Sustainable Food Security. This prize is the highest of its kind in Africa as the winner would be awarded a whooping sum of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000 USD).
In line with the theme of the prize, Innovation in Sustainable food Security, the entries must cover the following scope of research:
1. Improvement in food production with adequate nutritional values that meets the needs of the population
2. Processes in food production and Food Process technologies
3. Organic food preservation technologies
- The award is open to scientists worldwide (Nigerians and non-Nigerians involved in the application of science to proffer innovations in sustainable food security.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and /or provide an innovative solution in the area of sustainable food security.
- The submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- All material in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
- Applicants must complete and submit their entries online accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NING website.
- As the intention is to recognize the most relevant and effective solution for a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits, works of collaboration by two or more persons is welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Price during their year of service, as well as the following year.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
Winners will be announced to the public in September 2020 and presented in October 2020.
It worthy of note, that NLNG also organizes the Nigeria Prize for Literature. However, entry for the 2020 edition ended on March 31, 2020. Just like the Nigeria Prize for Science, this prize is also the highest of its kind in Africa with a cash reward of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000 USD). You may consider contesting for the prize next year.
Read up more information from the NLNG website.
Share this post